How to connect your iPad to the TV: Different methods
Connecting iPad via HDMI adapter
If you have a TV set with an HDMI port, connecting your iPad with the Apple Digital AV Adapter is most likely your best bet. It provides the highest quality transfer and, unlike the other options available, it supports Video Mirroring with the iPad 2. With Video Mirroring, you can transfer everything on your iPad 2's screen over to your television screen. Whereas the other options only allow you to transfer supported video content, photos, etc., you can duplicate your iPad's Home screen, games, etc., you name it via HDMI adapter. Follow the steps below to connect your iPad to your television set using this method.
1. Plug the Apple Digital AV Adapter into your iPad.
2. Plug the other end of the adapter into your TV's HDMI port.
3. Optional: Plug a dock cable from the adapter's dock port into your computer or A/C adapter for charging purposes. This step is unnecessary, but it is helpful tokeep your iPad from running out of power while you are viewing content.
4. Select the appropriate input mode on your TV. The proper input varies from TV to TV. It may be HDMI 1, HDMI 2, or another option.
5. Open the content you wish to mirror on your TV on your iPad. You should now see the contents of your iPad's screen enlarged and duplicated on your television set. You are ready to go!