Handbrake. From DVD to iPhone
Step 1. HandBrake Review and Download
You have a huge DVD library at home and you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. If you want to watch a favorite DVD movie on your iOS device you don’t have to pay for it on the website of iTunes. You just need to apply one of converters capable to change DVD format to .mp4 format your iOS device will be able to playback. One of such programs is HandBrake that became a real best-seller since it is an open-source multi-platform converter that runs equally good on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
A lot of thing can be said about HandBrake and it is really neat (the following guide will show how easy it is to work with this converter). However, there are some options I definitely didn’t like and all its pros/cons are posted below:
Pros of HandBrake:
• it is free software;
• has presets to apply for converting a DVD to iOS device;
• supports a lot of formats for conversion (including Flash and MTS files).
Cons of HandBrake:
• a lot of controls to figure out with little help (presets are your only savior);
• needs a lot of time to convert DVD files (2-hour-and-40-minute DVD file was converted about 45 minutes);
• requires a separate VLC download in order to convert DVD files.
However, all cons are easy to forget because pros are still more obvious. It is so far the best converter of DVD video files to iOS devices. You can download this program from the official site for your platform and OS.