How to get artwork for Your favorite songs and albums on iPod touch
iPod touch is all about great sound, outstanding user experience and a whole range of stunning visuals. Not only they amplify the joy of using this gadget, they also provide an intuitive way of selecting what a user wants to listen to right now. That is one of the things we love iPod touch for — we love selecting album with a simple gesture without a need to read album's title.
As if often happens, when You imported all songs from your CD to your new and shiny iPod touch, the album covers would not be there. Now You have to spend time reading album names — quite annoying thing to do if you can just scroll through cover images. Let's fix this in a couple of fairly simple methods.
Fortunately, adding artwork to songs in iPod can be done in several ways all of which are quite straightforward. What unites them is that You'll need to use iPod`s best companion — iTunes.
In order to get album artwork on iPod touch user needs to have at least some songs in their iTunes collection. At least for automatic artwork fetching You need to have names of songs and albums written correctly, so that iTunes could match them with its artwork database.
Method #1: add album artwork to iPod automagically
In order to use iTunes album artwork database You need to make following steps:
● Launch iTunes
● Choose «Advanced» menu at the top of the application window
● Select «Get album artwork» from the menu. If the warning appears saying that tracks names that were not matched with artwork will be sent to iTunes — agree to that.
● Wait for final notification. This window will tell You You that artwork have finished downloading and inform You which songs did not get any artwork
Method #2: when magic does not work use Google and brains
If iTunes did not found album artwork for some of Your songs — do not worry. There is a simple way to fix this:
● Select songs belonging to the same album in iTunes window
● Find album cover through Google image search or Wikipedia and save it to Your computer
● With tracks still selected just drag saved artwork image to iTunes bottom left corner (area under «Now playing»). You can do the same by clicking on «File> Get Info» menu on the top of the window and drag an album cover into rectangulare area under the Artwork sign.
● Repeat as needed to provide covers to all Your albums
Do not forget to sync!
After adding artwork to iTunes You will probably want to see it in Your iPod. To do that You need to remove files from the device and then re-sync it with Tunes music library. Now You can enjoy music and artwork!
Not helpful? Ask our experts. It's fast and free.